Woke up this morning and looked out my window to see snow covering everything. Love it! I love the holiday seasons and the delicious food that comes with it. And by that I mean the food that us “fitness addicts” turn our nose up to. If you’re a sweets lover like me and you’re not familiar with Jamie Eason‘s fitness friendly recipes, it’s time to check them out! Her healthy alternatives have literally saved me from my sweet tooth, haha 🙂
Her pumpkin protein bar recipe is one of my favorites, and i’ll be making these today! Make sure to check out her website for more healthy snacks! http://www.jamieeason.com and they are also posted on http://www.bodybuilding.com
Nutrition (without walnuts): 1 square = 47 calories, .7 g fat, 8 g carbs, 3.7 g protein
Nutrition (with walnuts): 1 square = 63 calories, 2.3 g fat, 8 g carbs, 4 g protein
- ½ C Xylitol Brown Suger Blend (Ideal)
- 1 – 4 oz. jar baby food applesauce
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 – 15 oz. can of raw pumpkin
- 2 C oat flour
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ C chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
- Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
- Makes 24 squares.